If anyone has followed my channel for a little while you know that I love to read books. And I have been breaching into new genres that I earlier never could have dreamed of reading.
I have to be honest, breaching out into different genres can be a little scary sometimes. and to find out if you like that genre or not can take time. The reason is that there are so many different authors to choose from, and all of them have different writing style.
What I will say is: If you have read only one book, I don’t feel like you can say that you don’t like the genre. Try out at least a few different books by different authors. And one genre can have a lot of sub-genres. Try out a few different types of sub-genres, because one book can have one sub-genre that may not be your favorite.
I think that one of the most important thing is: Try out books that sounds interesting to you. That you feel like have an interesting plot and you might like.
I love to try out new genres, and new books. I have so many books on my GoodReads TBR, and I hope that I will be able to read a lot of them when I kind of just get a little break on the large readathons I have joined lately. On my TBR I have mostly romance, because that is my favorite genre, however, even if this is my favorite genre there are still books that have tropes or sub-genres that I don’t like.
To make a little list on what I mean:
1. Find books that has an interesting plot to you.
2. Don’t just try 1 books, try multiple books and authors
3. If one author isn’t for you, try something else (I have a complicated relationships with some authors)
4. Try out different sub-genres, if one sub-genre isn’t for you something else might
5. Reading is supposed to be fun, don’t push yourself. Some genres just isn’t for you
What tips do you have?